Location: St. Volodymyr Cathedral of Toronto
About St. Volodymyr Orthodox Cathedral of Toronto
Founded in 1926, St. Volodymyr Cathedral of Toronto (SVCT) is uniquely positioned to serve the needs of its members and the broader community by offering a full range of liturgical and religious services in two locations – downtown Toronto and in Oakville at the All Saints of Ukraine Chapel. The SVCT also proudly offers support for all of life’s events through the St. Volodymyr Cultural Centre/Banquet Hall and the St. Volodymyr Ukrainian Cemetery.
St. Volodymyr Cathedral of Toronto is an integral part of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada (UOCC). We are proud of our Conciliar (Sobornopravnist’) governance structure, a defining characteristic of all UOCC churches, where the parishioners and clergy jointly manage the affairs of the parish with clearly delineated areas of accountability.
About the Role
Based in the Cathedral office located at 400 Bathurst Street in Toronto, the Communications Coordinator supports the growth and development of the Parish through effective communication with Parish members, the broader Ukrainian community and our local community. This individual will be accountable for the following:
- Develop and maintain web sites & social media presence for the Cathedral and Chapel
- Build and maintain accurate contact lists
- Manage an on-line calendar of events for the Parish and broader community
- Coordinate publication of Parish newsletters and publications
- Author content to highlight Parish and community events
- Manage in-coming communications from web sites, social media
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of web sites, communications
Essential Competencies and Qualifications
- University/college education in communications or marketing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting communications in a community-focused organization
- Creative and media savvy, with an artistic flair
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Ukrainian
- Ability to attend monthly Church Council and community meetings (evenings)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Strong commitment to the evolution of Ukrainian Orthodoxy and of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada
This is a part-time role. The work schedule will be determined upon acceptance of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a full employment, education, and criminal background check.
Are you ready to play a key role in the growth of our Parish? If the answer is a resounding “YES!” please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.