Location: Head Office, Toronto
We are looking for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will report directly to the CEO and will provide an advanced level of administrative support to the CEO, other senior executive team members, and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
The position provides an advanced level of administrative support to the CEO, other senior executive team members, and the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
This highly demanding position:
- Prepares a variety of complex and confidential correspondence, minutes, agendas and reports for executive signature; manages executive schedule and sets up appointments and meetings; and makes travel arrangements for the CEO;
- May be partially or fully responsible for carrying out the corporate secretarial functions of the credit union, or supporting such function;
- Attends a variety of senior management and/or board and committee meetings and takes, produces and distributes minutes; prepares board material for distribution;
- Liaises with internal and external contacts (including industry, regulatory and community) on behalf of the executive;
- Assists in the coordination and planning of corporate events, such as the Annual General Meeting;
- May supervise and coordinate the work of one or more administrative staff;
- Carries out duties in a manner that reflects and communicates the servant-leader nature of the office of CEO.
Post-secondary. Exposure to one or more of information technology, business, finance, psychology, philosophy, sociology, or languages and literature an asset.
Experience and Skills
Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role, supporting a senior executive. Demonstration of strong organizational skills with a high ability for multi-tasking and working within a rapidly changing environment. Flexibility to work evenings, as attendance at Board meetings is required.
Demonstrated high level of competency using latest administrative technologies (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, databases etc.), and prepared to provide leadership in ongoing automation and streamlining of tasks and processes.
The successful candidate will be a person with a high emotional quotient, able to exercise good judgment and flexibility in the prioritization of heavy and changing workload, with a high degree of tact and discretion. Commitment to continuous learning, good problem solving skills, proven ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders, and ability to troubleshoot issues without exercising formal authority are key.
High level of proficiency in spoken and written English, and a high level of proficiency in spoken Ukrainian, and sufficient Ukrainian reading comprehension to flag priorities and coordinate work flow. Ability to write and/or /type in Ukrainian an asset.
Ability to be attuned to and respectful of the cultural sensibilities of the various waves of Ukrainian Canadian immigration. Knowledge of the Ukrainian community, and exposure to legal or law office experience an asset.
- This position interacts with all levels and areas of management and staff, directors, credit union members, credit union organizations, secular and religious community organizations, individual members of the community, government and regulatory authorities, suppliers, media, and business community
- This position plays a role in transferring skills and knowledge to others.
- A standard office environment is provided, however due to the nature of the business, there is risk of exposure to hold-ups and threats.
- Travel to various credit union and meeting locations within the province may be required.
- Concentration is required when working with computer systems.
- Regular interruptions by staff, directors, and community representatives.
- Required to assist with and, or oversee the hosting/facilitation of corporate functions
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ukrainian Credit Union Limited will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process
For consideration, please submit your application by email to Andrew Rozanec, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com